Heat Wave runs with the help of countless dedicated staff members, interns, and volunteers who strive on a daily basis to provide an outstanding experience for our members.
Interested in being a part of it all? Check out our available internship opportunities below!
Operations Team Positions
- Operations Assistant
- Assist the Director in the day to day functions of what is occurring.
- Aid in communicating with the Corps Director, staff, and volunteers.
- Assist with buses and housing channels of communication and rehearsal site arrivals/departures.
- Responsible for hanging up/taking down Heat Wave signs for where things are located.
- Administrative Intern
- Report directly to the Director of Operations.
- Have effective communication skills.
- Create and execute daily schedule involving all members, staff, and volunteers.
- Other responsibilities as they develop, based on interest areas and organization needs.
- Ensemble Specialist
- Assist Brass and Visual Caption Heads with the day-to-day operating of their sections.
- Ensure all corps rehearsal gear is fully operating at all times.
- Devoted to being a crucial portion of the learning processes during visual, music, and ensemble blocks.
Media Team Positions
- Will be responsible for taking pictures during rehearsals and performances – this requires them to be available for the summer tour.
- Should own proper photography equipment capable of capturing high-quality images.
- Photo editing experience (and software ownership) is preferred but not required.Photographers
- Will be responsible for recording different aspects of member life on tour – this requires them to be available for the summer tour.
- Should own proper equipment capable of recording high-quality video.
- Video editing experience is required. Videographers should own professional video- editing software such as Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro.
- Responsible for continuation of “Catch the Wave” video series.
- Social Media Interns
- Will be responsible for drafting social media posts and helping the media manager create content to post on Heat Wave’s social media accounts.
- Should have excellent oral and written communication skills and be familiar with social media trends.
- Experience with design software such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, and Canva (online platform) is required. Social media interns should also have access to these programs.
- Access to Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter also required.
Heat Wave does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers, and selection of membership. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, volunteers, and members.